The essence of QFD is to assure quality in new "creations" by bringing the affected stakeholders together to discuss their priorities before resources are committed.
—to "get it right, the first time."
Let us share the papers and case studies from around the world that were presented at the 2017 ISQFD. They clearly demonstrate how broadly QFD can be defined in the modern world.
To read synapses of these papers, please visit the QFD Institute newsletter.
- "Quality Function Deployment for Agile Product Development"
- "Transitioning from JIS Q 9025 to ISO 16355"
- "A Framework for QFD-based Service Marketing"
- "Beyond ISO 16355: QFD for a Digital World"
Software / Technology QFD:
- "Green Design Product Connected by Internet of Things VIA QFD"
- "Analysis of platform-based Business Models using Quality Function Deployment"
- "Method for Creating Quality Table from Online Reviews"
- "Agile Software Quality Function Deployment"
- "Acceptance Test-Driven Development and QFD in Business System Software Development"
Service / Education QFD:
- "Consistency of Service Quality through QFD & Visual Manual"
- "A New Approach to Developing Human Resources Using QFD"
- "Functions and Quality for Supporting Autonomous Learning"
- "QFD: Meeting Motivation Needs and Performance Needs to Reformulate Incentive Scheme"
- "Using QFD in Chinese Fast Food Chains."
- "Study on the Procedures for a Conceptual Picture of Quality Function Deployment (QFD)"
- "QFD for societal and product platform dynamics"
- "Application of Customer Requirements to the Research and Development Process in New Automobiles via Practicing QFD"
- "A Model for Integrating Quality Function Deployment and Human-Centered Design"
- "Essential QFD to Make a Solo Entrepreneur Dream Come True"
- "Quality Performance Assessment Based on the AHP-QFD Approach"
Dr. Noriaki Kano on Kano model and QFD, and Greg Watson on Japanese Quality tools and Hoshin.
Again, the highlights of these presentations can be found at this QFD Institute page.
The 2018 ISQFD is planned in Hong Kong, China. You can receive information about it, including Call For Papers and symposium details, by subscribing the free QFDI Newsletter.
Meanwhile, you too can start using the ISO 16355 Modern QFD tools for your project and jobs by acquiring the solid skills in the QFD Green Belt® and QFD Black Belt® Courses.
These courses are also perfect for those who wish to enhance their professional credentials, as well as those who wish to best their paper quality for the 2018 and future ISQFDs.